- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the chilies and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Green Chili Rice
Sort By :
"Delicious. Even my dad, who doesn't like cottage cheese or sour cream, had seconds."
"This was good, but not great. It definitely needs something extra, so I'll have to play around with it next time I make it. I'll definitely be adding more cheese, as it seemed to be almost non-existent among all the rice."
"Did not look like the picture or taste anything like expected. This was not a hit on our table!"
"I thought it was fantastic. We ate it with salsa and it was great."
"This was not quite as flavorful as I had hoped, but it was a nice side for spicier mexican dishes and I would make it again, although I would add a little more onion and some garlic I think."