"This is a variation of a recipe I used in home ec class when I was in middle school," recalls Paula Magnus of Republic, Washington. "I made it a lot for our family of seven when I was growing up. Now I fix it frequently for my family of five. I usually use canned green beans and there's seldom any left over."
Recommended: 23 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the green beans and ham. Combine the soup, Miracle Whip and mustard; pour over ham. Sprinkle with cheeses. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Green Bean Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p59
Reviews forCheesy Green Bean Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2014
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2013
"It was very good."
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2013 Edited Mar. 19, 2013
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2009
"My husband liked it alot and he is not one for leftovers but our Christmas ham made it great."