Cheesy Garlic Loaf
For a slightly different flavor, I'll replace half the mozzarella with cheddar...or whatever cheese I have in the fridge.—Donna Britsch, Tega Cay, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice bread lengthwise; place cut side up on a baking sheet. Spread
- butter on cut surfaces; sprinkle with half of the Italian seasoning.
- Top with cheeses and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut
- widthwise into 1-in. pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 268 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 548 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now