For a slightly different flavor, I'll replace half the mozzarella with cheddar...or whatever cheese I have in the fridge.—Donna Britsch, Tega Cay, South Carolina
Recommended: 25 Easy Summer Side Dishes For The Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 unsliced loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice bread lengthwise; place cut side up on a baking sheet. Spread butter on cut surfaces; sprinkle with half of the Italian seasoning. Top with cheeses and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut widthwise into 1-in. pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p22
Reviews forCheesy Garlic Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2014
"Haven't tried it yet but sounds great but please tell me where does the garlic come in. I see no menu of garlic in the ingredients, only in the name."
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"This is great!"