For a slightly different flavor, I'll replace half the mozzarella with cheddar...or whatever cheese I have in the fridge.—Donna Britsch, Tega Cay, South Carolina
- 1 unsliced loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice bread lengthwise; place cut side up on a baking sheet. Spread butter on cut surfaces; sprinkle with half of the Italian seasoning. Top with cheeses and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut widthwise into 1-in. pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Garlic Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review