Cheesy Garlic Grits Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and garlic powder; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into greased 2-cup baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over grits. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until firm and top is lightly toasted. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cheesy Garlic Grits
"Leave the corn flakes out and it would be good."