- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and garlic powder; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into greased 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over grits. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until firm and top is lightly toasted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Grits in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p25
Reviews for Cheesy Garlic Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2012
Leave the corn flakes out and it would be good.
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2011