Cheesy Garlic Burgers
My husband and five children all know what's for dinner when they smell the garlic from these out-of-the-ordinary burgers. My grandma is known for her great recipes...this is one of them. - Connie Stewart, Lakewood, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a bowl, combine beef and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Shape into six
- thin patties. Pan-fry until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cut bread in
- half lengthwise. Combine butter and remaining garlic powder; spread
- over cut sides of bread. On the bottom half, layer provolone cheese,
- beef patties and the mozzarella cheese. Replace bread top. Wrap in a
- large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Place on a
- baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is
- melted and sandwich is heated through. Cut loaf between each patty.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping. Yield: 6 servings.
You can bake Cheesy Garlic Burgers on six hamburger buns instead of on a loaf of French bread.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.