Cheesy Garlic Burgers Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. In a bowl, combine beef and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Shape into six thin patties. Pan-fry until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cut bread in half lengthwise. Combine butter and remaining garlic powder; spread over cut sides of bread. On the bottom half, layer provolone cheese, beef patties and the mozzarella cheese. Replace bread top. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through. Cut loaf between each patty. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Garlic Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.