I find this crisp bread smothered in a full-flavored topping adds zip to an ordinary meal. It's also a satisfying snack or appetizer. A friend shared this recipe a while back. I always come home with an empty plate when I take it to a gathering. —Judy Skaar, Pardeeville, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf French bread (about 20 inches), halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley, optional
- Paprika, optional
- Mix mayonnaise, cheese, onions and garlic; spread on bread halves, if desired, sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Wrap each half in foil. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or freeze. Unwrap and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes (20-25 minutes if frozen) or until puffed but not brown. Cut into slices. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Garlic Bread in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p33
Reviews for Cheesy Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review