Cheesy Franks and Potatoes Recipe
I came up with this recipe primarily because my husband loves hot dogs and I needed a break from standard fare using franks. It was an instant hit. Even I enjoy the rich taste.—Shirley Bradley, Wildwood, Florida
- 6 jumbo hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown hot dogs in oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper until tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, cream and onion mixture. Place potatoes in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt. Top with hot dogs. Pour soup mixture over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 313 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 974 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC