Cheesy Franks and Potatoes Recipe
- 6 jumbo hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown hot dogs in oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, cream and onion mixture. Place potatoes in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt. Top with hot dogs. Pour soup mixture over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Franks and Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
Forgot to mention ~ sorry....did not brown hot dogs, but rather cut in chunks, cooked in water til they got hot.
OMGoodness, this was wonderful!! My husband ate half of it, alone! Made a couple changes to suit us ~ did not cook onion/pepper in oil ~ just added to soup mixture. Heated cheddar soup in micro. just til warm ~ seemed to blend better with half-half. Also added extra potato; did not peel. Definitely will make again, and again. Very, very easy to make ~ highly recommend!! K.
We're making this for supper ~~ husband's a meat/potato fella, plus anything with cheese is even better, he says. Very easy looking, too.
Will be trying this one! With today's economy this one could be a good week day supper! Will post after We try it!
My husband loves potatoes almost as much as "hotdogs"! Can't wait to try.