- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain vegetables; add cheese sauce and heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Floret Soup
"YUMMY! Perfect for a cold, windy, plummeting temperatures kind of day. Had to add a little more milk because it was so thick. Got rid of the nutritional facts when I printed this out to add to my "keepers" file (ignorance is bliss). We have a lot of winter on the way and I am sure this recipe is one I will come to again and again."
"The whole family loved this soup."
"I have made this soup many times so far. My family and I love this soup."
"I have made this recipe many times, always turns out great with no complaints."