"I received the recipe for this comforting soup from my mom, and my family requests it often," says Janice Russell of Kingfisher, Oklahoma. "It's especially good with crusty French bread."
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain vegetables; add cheese sauce and heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Floret Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p42
Reviews for Cheesy Floret Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review