Cheesy Flatbread Recipe
"With its pretty color and cheesy topping, this buttery bread is delicious with soups," reports Sue Burton of Frankfort, Kansas. "Our daughter loves to help press out the thawed bread dough and sprinkle it with cheese."
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 to 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Pat dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 14-in. x pizza pan or 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, forming a crust. Spread with butter. Sprinkle with onion, paprika, oregano and garlic powder. Prick the crust several times with a fork; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Flatbread
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2009
"This is a great bread. I decide next time to add alittle more herbs, my husband could not stay out of it. Great with apricot grilled pork chops!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC