- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 to 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Pat dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 14-in. x pizza pan or 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, forming a crust. Spread with butter. Sprinkle with onion, paprika, oregano and garlic powder. Prick the crust several times with a fork; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Flat Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p46
Reviews for Cheesy Flatbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2009
"This is a great bread. I decide next time to add alittle more herbs, my husband could not stay out of it. Great with apricot grilled pork chops!"