Cheesy Egg Puffs Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and cheeses. Melt remaining butter; add to egg mixture. Stir into dry ingredients along with mushroom mixture.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Carefully run the knife around edge of muffin cups before removing. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesy Egg Puffs(13)
Sort By :
I have made these repeatedly over the years, adding crumbled bacon to them. Many times after baking I will freeze them individually and pull out what I need for breakfast and zap them in the microwave to reheat. They are WONDERFUL and great for low carb diets!
I make these ALL of the time, and they are frequently asked for by my friends! I usually substitute the mushroom/green onion mix for other ingredients (like bacon/sausage, or multi colored peppers. you can even make up your own like ham&swiss, or chorizo with some salsa.)
I have also cut down the butter to 1/4c. (in the egg mix) and have used 2% small curd cottage cheese and they are still great! They are very versatile! Also, easy to freeze, and just remove a few and microwave for about 1 minute for a quick breakfast!
I made these for a big family get together and even my sister who hates eggs enjoyed them! I added salt pepper and garlic to the mushroom, and ribboned fresh spinach to add to the egg mix...in addition I sauted green peppers and diced tomatoes for people to put on top. Would have just put them in the eggs to but was feading a crowd with lots of kids! They were awesome and would recomend adding anything you like
This is the best cheese muffin recipe I have ever tried. The only substitution I make is ham instead of mushrooms, but great either way!
I made this on mother's day for a big get together at my house and everyone including my sister who hates eggs loved these! I left out the onions added fresh spinach and doubled the mushroom cooked in garlic...yuuuuuuuuuum!!! I can't wait to make these again...I also chopped up and cooked some green pepper and diced tomatoes for people to toss on top to keep the recipe kid and picky eater friendly! fabulous and easy!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >