This dish is perfect for potlucks because it looks so pretty on the table and, best of all, it can be made ahead of time. Although I don't live in the country, my family and I love the country flavor of this hearty egg casserole.
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Toss Monterey Jack cheese with flour; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese; sprinkle with bacon. Beat eggs and milk; pour over all. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Egg Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p18
Reviews for Cheesy Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review