Cheesy Drop Biscuits Recipe
I wanted to capture the flavor of cheese biscuits from a popular restaurant. So I took my favorite buttermilk biscuit recipe and added to it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add cheeses.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Drop Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC