- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add cheeses.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Reviews for Cheesy Drop Biscuits
"These were very good. I didn't have buttermilk on hand, so I soured some milk with vinegar. My family really liked them."
"These biscuits were very easy to make. I found this recipe on here for my 7th grade Home and Careers class to make for part of their biscuit lab. The kids really enjoyed the recipe. I had them make them smaller so that there would be more, but other than that, they followed the recipe exactly. If I were to make them at home, I think I would add garlic salt to the tops before baking them for a little extra flavor. Other than that, I thought that they were very good."
"My family said, "Amazing!" These were so easy, and tasty. Thanks for sharing!"
"Easy and good. My kids loved them!"
"quick, soft, and flavorful. Pretty much fool-proof!"
"I brushed the tops with a little melted butter and minced garlic....highly recommended recipe. My family loves it!"
"This has become a favorite in my family! They are soooooo easy to make and delicious! These are absolutely fool-proof and that's coming from someone who has found a way to mess up just about every recipe!"
"I struggle with fatigue and this recipe was very quick and easy. They disappeared before lunch was even heated and the comment was that they sure tasted like those you get in a certain restaurant. Yum!"