- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add cheeses.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Reviews for Cheesy Drop Biscuits
"Excellent recipe. Family loved it; we have these with chili or soup on cold days :)"
"These were very good. I didn't have buttermilk on hand, so I soured some milk with vinegar. My family really liked them."
"These biscuits were very easy to make. I found this recipe on here for my 7th grade Home and Careers class to make for part of their biscuit lab. The kids really enjoyed the recipe. I had them make them smaller so that there would be more, but other than that, they followed the recipe exactly. If I were to make them at home, I think I would add garlic salt to the tops before baking them for a little extra flavor. Other than that, I thought that they were very good."
"My family said, "Amazing!" These were so easy, and tasty. Thanks for sharing!"
"Easy and good. My kids loved them!"