Cheesy Crab English Muffins
These hot-from-the-oven sandwiches are so good on a cool afternoon or as a quick dinner. Chopped pecans give the crab salad extra crunch.—Mary Lou Crouch, Granite Falls, Washington
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, celery, mayonnaise, pimientos,
- pecans and onion. Spread over English muffin halves. Broil 3-4 in.
- from the heat for 5 minutes or until bubbly. Top with cheese slices;
- broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 704 calories, 53 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,042 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now