Cheesy Crab Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup milk, divided
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh, frozen or canned crabmeat, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 cans (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- Chopped green onions and tomatoes, shredded lettuce and additional sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, dressing mix and 3 tablespoons milk until smooth. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the crab, olives, chilies, pepper and salt. Fold crab mixture and 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack into remaining cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the remaining milk and reserved cream cheese mixture until blended; pour over tortillas.
- 4. Sprinkle with Colby and remaining Monterey Jack. Cover and bake 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with the green onions, tomatoes, lettuce and olives if desired. Yield: 8 enchiladas.
1 serving (2 each) equals 991 calories, 58 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 258 mg cholesterol, 2,421 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 55 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.