Cheesy Crab Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup milk, divided
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh, frozen or canned crabmeat, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 cans (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- Chopped green onions and tomatoes, shredded lettuce and additional sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, dressing mix and 3 tablespoons milk until smooth. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the crab, olives, chilies, pepper and salt. Fold crab mixture and 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack into remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the remaining milk and reserved cream cheese mixture until blended; pour over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with Colby and remaining Monterey Jack. Cover and bake 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with the green onions, tomatoes, lettuce and olives if desired. Yield: 8 enchiladas.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Crab Enchiladas(3)
Sort By :
A little too ranchy for me.
Everyone loves this recipe. We have also substituted the fiesta ranch mix and added chopped langostino lobster or shrimp.
This is an all time family fav! we also have made with immitation crab and it is good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >