Cheesy Cottage Potatoes Recipe
This recipe is a real winner. Not only does my family like it, but it's popular at potlucks. It's also great to make ahead for a company dinner. Just remove it from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.—Mary Louise Ireland, New Wilmington, Pennsylvania
- 3 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, soak bread in milk; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green peppers, onion, parsley and reserved bread mixture. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 cup: 231 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Cottage Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC