Cheesy Corn Squares Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in eggs, corn, ricotta, onion, Parmesan, oil and 1-1/2 cups of mozzarella; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into small squares. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesy Corn Squares(2)
Sort By :
This recipe did not work out for us. I found it to be a bit under seasoned. I also found that the corn had a hard time sticking to the squares once they were cut. The texture was slightly crumbly. They practically fell apart as I was cutting them.
Excellent recipe! I made this as a side dish to Mom's Beef Stew (in the same issue).