Canned Mexicorn lends a sweet twist to this cheesy crowd-pleaser from Jan Henderson of Smackover, Arkansas.
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon picante sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in cheese. Sprinkle with sweet red pepper. Cover and chill for 4 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Cheesy Corn Spread in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p13
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Corn Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2014
"This was easy to throw together. I only used 1/2 of the jalapeno because I was bringing it to a party for adults & kids."