Canned Mexicorn lends a sweet twist to this cheesy crowd-pleaser from Jan Henderson of Smackover, Arkansas.
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon picante sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in cheese. Sprinkle with sweet red pepper. Cover and chill for 4 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Cheesy Corn Spread in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p13
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Corn Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2014
"This was easy to throw together. I only used 1/2 of the jalapeno because I was bringing it to a party for adults & kids."