Cheesy Corn Spoon Bread Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add sour cream, both cans of corn, salt and pepper. Stir in corn bread mix just until blended. Fold in sauteed onion, jalapeno and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean; cool slightly. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Corn Spoon Bread(7)
Sort By :
I was dissappointed with this recipe; made it for a mexican themed party. It didn't have the great flavor that I was expecting.
I've made this several times now and it's one of my family's favorite dishes. Everybody I make it for loves it. Highly recommend!
Oh my goodness, this is amazingly delicious! I see why you need a shallow pan, because mine wasnt and it took longer to cook in the middle, but it was DELICIOUS!
I've made this recipe several times for potlucks and it's a big hit there and at home.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >