- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add sour cream, both cans of corn, salt and pepper. Stir in corn bread mix just until blended. Fold in sauteed onion, jalapeno and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean; cool slightly. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Corn Spoon Bread
"Made several times, so creamy and nice addition to Mexican themed meal. Not spicy, sometimes I add more jalape?o for more of a kick."
"I was dissappointed with this recipe; made it for a mexican themed party. It didn't have the great flavor that I was expecting."
"I've made this several times now and it's one of my family's favorite dishes. Everybody I make it for loves it. Highly recommend!"
"Oh my goodness, this is amazingly delicious! I see why you need a shallow pan, because mine wasnt and it took longer to cook in the middle, but it was DELICIOUS!"
"I've made this recipe several times for potlucks and it's a big hit there and at home."
"I made this for a dinner at my in-laws. I loved it, but many of them did not because of the jalapenos. If you have picky eaters you may want to skip the Jalapeno."
"I don't use the onion or the jalapenos... And even though I didn't I still had to double the recipe to have enough for leftovers so we could take it to work. Every time I make this my family is very happy!"