- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until tender. Set aside.
- Beat eggs; add sour cream, both cans of corn, salt and pepper. Stir in corn bread mix just until blended. Mince 1 jalapeno pepper; fold into corn mixture with sauteed onion and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes; cool slightly. Slice remaining jalapeno; sprinkle over dish. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Corn Spoon Bread
"I substitute a small (4oz) can of mild chopped green chillies instead of the jalapeno. Now this has become a requested special occasion side dish at our house!"
"Made several times, so creamy and nice addition to Mexican themed meal. Not spicy, sometimes I add more jalape?o for more of a kick."
"I was dissappointed with this recipe; made it for a mexican themed party. It didn't have the great flavor that I was expecting."
"I've made this several times now and it's one of my family's favorite dishes. Everybody I make it for loves it. Highly recommend!"
"Oh my goodness, this is amazingly delicious! I see why you need a shallow pan, because mine wasnt and it took longer to cook in the middle, but it was DELICIOUS!"
"I've made this recipe several times for potlucks and it's a big hit there and at home."
"I made this for a dinner at my in-laws. I loved it, but many of them did not because of the jalapenos. If you have picky eaters you may want to skip the Jalapeno."
"I don't use the onion or the jalapenos... And even though I didn't I still had to double the recipe to have enough for leftovers so we could take it to work. Every time I make this my family is very happy!"