- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) gold and white corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until onion is tender. Add the water, potatoes, carrots and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheeses; cook and stir until melted. Yield: 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Cheesy Corn Chowder
"I agree this is a very rich and delicious soup. Not too good for my cholesterol, however. I added celery, granulated garlic, some creamed corn."
"Loved this! Will for sure make it again."
"Excellent chowder, and it made a huge pot. I served this with BLT sandwiches."
"Wonderful. !! I have made this several times !!!!!!"
"Delicious! I didn't have the exact listed ingredients, but I think my substitutes addressed some of the reviews that suggested it needed a bit more "zip." I used some homemade seasoned chicken broth I had frozen instead of the water and bouillon and I used shredded pepper jack cheese along with some shredded cheddar and instead of regular Velveeta, I used the new Queso kind. My husband loved it and I did, too, perfect meal along with a veggie tray and hot rolls for a cold winter night! And, as promised it made a nice big pot and we are both looking forward to leftovers!"
"This soup was delicious! I would definitely make it again. Even my picky husband said he liked it! Can't wait to eat the left-overs!"
"This is phenomenal! Very rich depth of flavor. Easy to put together. Hard to believe the calorie count given the amount of cheese, but worth it. We all went back for seconds. I did add a bit of celery just because I had it around. Would try with added chicken, but is hearty enough without it."
"This is good but I feel it needs some zip to it. I made it as is, but if I were to make it again, I would add celery and perhaps some shredded chicken and chopped jalepenos. Good but needs a bit more."
"Good recipe for a cold winter day"