Cheesy Corn Casserole
I've had this recipe for years, and my family still asks for it all the time. Our son, who is not a big vegetable eater, says it's one of his favorites.Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredient. Transfer to a greased
- shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife
- insert near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 524 calories, 39 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 220 mg cholesterol, 953 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.