Cheesy Company Casserole Recipe
I concocted this recipe one day while trying to straighten up my canned goods cupboard. Friends and relatives have told me how much they like it. Many have asked for the recipe.
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed stuffing mix
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, chopped, optional
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook and stir cheese and milk over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in tomatoes until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in the mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce until blended. Stir in the ham, macaroni, broccoli, peas, green pepper, onion, stuffing mix and onions if desired.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dishes. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (8-10 servings each).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 230 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC