Cheesy Clam Manicotti Recipe
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 1 carton (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and hot pepper sauce. Drain one can of clams; add clams to sauce. Stir in clams and juice from second can. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat ricotta and cream cheeses until smooth. Stir in the cheeses, garlic, pepper and oregano. Stuff into manicotti shells.
- 3. Spread 3/4 cup clam sauce into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Arrange manicotti over sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 640 calories, 35 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 1,559 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.