- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- In a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and hot pepper sauce. Drain one can of clams; add clams to sauce. Stir in clams and juice from second can. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat ricotta and cream cheeses until smooth. Stir in the cheeses, garlic, pepper and oregano. Stuff into manicotti shells.
- Spread 3/4 cup clam sauce into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Arrange manicotti over sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheesy Clam Manicotti
Sort By :
"My husband and I stuffed jumbo shells instead of manicotti and it was delicious!!!"
"This was a very good recipe. I will defininatly make again. It was easy but did take a little time stuffing the manicotti but really wasn't as tough as I thought it was going to be. I had never made stuffed manicotti before. I only had one can of clams on hand but still tasted great!"
"This has been one of my favorites for years. Recently, I used the leftover cheese filling for pinwheel appetizers. Very good!"
"Amazing. Have made this multiple times using shrimp and it is a keeper!"