Cheesy Clam Chowder Recipe
I never thought I'd be able to duplicate the excellent taste of hearty clam chowders found in many restaurants, but this recipe proved me wrong. The dill makes it extra-special.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first 12 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add cream and cheese; heat through until cheese is melted. Stir in bacon just before serving. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 cup: 292 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1003mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Cheesy Clam Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC