Cheesy Chive Potatoes
These potatoes are a speedy side dish that complements most any entree. Feta cheese adds a rich zesty flavor. A neighbor supplies me with garden-fresh chives, but you can use frozen or dried chives for more convenience.Jean Komlos, Plymouth, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes. Add the milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper; mash.
- Stir in chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 171 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.