These potatoes are a speedy side dish that complements most any entree. Feta cheese adds a rich zesty flavor. A neighbor supplies me with garden-fresh chives, but you can use frozen or dried chives for more convenience.—Jean Komlos, Plymouth, Michigan
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes. Add the milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper; mash. Stir in chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Chive Potatoes in Country Woman November/December 2003, p39
Reviews for Cheesy Chive Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2010
"Delicious mashed potatoes! I'd definitely make again and go fabulous with the Barbeque Onion Chicken!"