These potatoes are a speedy side dish that complements most any entree. Feta cheese adds a rich zesty flavor. A neighbor supplies me with garden-fresh chives, but you can use frozen or dried chives for more convenience.—Jean Komlos, Plymouth, Michigan
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes. Add the milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper; mash. Stir in chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Chive Potatoes in Country Woman November/December 2003, p39
Reviews for Cheesy Chive Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 9, 2010
"Delicious mashed potatoes! I'd definitely make again and go fabulous with the Barbeque Onion Chicken!"