Cheesy Chive Omelet
Naomi Giddis, Two Buttes, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and water. Stir in the chives, salt and
- pepper. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add
- egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting the uncooked portion
- flow underneath.
- Just before eggs are completely set, sprinkle cheese over half of the
- omelet; fold in half. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for
- 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 349 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.