Cheesy Chive Omelet
Naomi Giddis, Two Buttes, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper. Stir in chives.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour
- in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs
- set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs
- flow underneath.
- When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, sprinkle cheese on
- one side; fold omelet in half. Cut omelet in half; slide onto
- plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 omelet equals 216 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 309 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.