Cheesy Chive Crisps Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash garlic salt
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour, chives, salt, pepper sauce and garlic salt. Stir in cereal. Shape into four 6-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. logs. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are crisp and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Reviews for Cheesy Chive Crisps
Sort By :
I really liked these but it has a very strong cheddar flavor....too much for my family. I will try using mild cheddar next time.
These are really good, but an extremely intense flavor. I also froze a few of the logs and baked them later, and they still came out as good as the 1st time.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >