Cheesy Chimichangas Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic salt and pepper.
- 2. Brush one side of each tortilla with oil. Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture off-center on oiled side of tortillas. Top with 1 tablespoon each of salsa, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Secure with toothpicks; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Brush with oil
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove toothpicks.
- 4. Serve chimichangas on a bed of lettuce and tomato. Spoon remaining salsa over chimichangas. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 338 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Chimichangas
"Quick, delicious, and lovely. Used ground turkey and added 2/3 package of taco seasoning. Even my kids liked it which is saying a lot! Yummy!!!"
"These chimichangas are very good. The only change I made was to add a little taco sauce and taco seasoning to the ground beef mixture. (also used half ground turkey and half ground beef) I will definitely make these again. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Chimichangas are usually deep fried; these taste great baked."