Cheesy Chili Recipe
"My six grandchildren enjoy feasting on big bowls of this zesty chili," reports Codie Ray of Tallulah, Louisiana. "It's so creamy and tasty you can even serve it as a dip at parties."
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted.
- 3. Serve immediately or allow to cool before freezing. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator; heat in a saucepan or microwave. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 396 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,166 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC