- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili, tomato sauce, olives and chilies. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; top with Tater Tots. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Cheesy Chili Tots
"This was ok, not sure what I was expecting but I prob wont make again, loved the tater tots when I got a bite of em w the mix, but not the mix alone if that makes sense.."
"My husband LOVED this casserole! It's like eating chili cheese fries, but better! We weren't sure about the olives, but they were a nice addition! I added 1/4 cup chopped onion to the meat while browning. DELICIOUS! A true comfort food!"