Cheesy Chili Rellenos Recipe
I got this meatless main dish recipe in South Dakota. It also makes a good side dish. I live on a cattle ranch and cook three meals a day, so I'm always interested in finding different recipes.—Mary Morrow, Jordan Valley, Oregon
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1. Cut chilies open lengthwise. Rinse; removing seeds. Place chilies on paper towels to drain. Combine cheeses; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cream and eggs until smooth.
- 2. In a greased deep 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the cheese, chilies and egg mixture. Repeat layers. Pour tomato sauce over the top; sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 241 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Chili Rellenos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC