Cheesy Chili Casserole
A short list of ingredients packs full flavor in this easy-to-assemble casserole. Serve it as the star of your next Southwestern meal. —Phyllis Bidwell, Las Vegas, Nevada
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chilies, rinsed and seeded
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce or 1 cup fresh salsa, drained, divided
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish, layer cheese and chilies. Whisk the eggs, flour and milk; pour
- over cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with half the tomato sauce or
- salsa; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for
- 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 304 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.