Cheesy Chili Casserole Recipe
A short list of ingredients packs full flavor in this easy-to-assemble casserole. Serve it as the star of your next Southwestern meal. —Phyllis Bidwell, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chilies, rinsed and seeded
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce or 1 cup fresh salsa, drained, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cheeses. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer cheese and chilies. Whisk the eggs, flour and milk; pour over cheese mixture.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with half the tomato sauce or salsa; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 304 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Chili Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC