A short list of ingredients packs full flavor in this easy-to-assemble casserole. Serve it as the star of your next Southwestern meal. —Phyllis Bidwell, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chilies, rinsed and seeded
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce or 1 cup fresh salsa, drained, divided
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer cheese and chilies. Whisk the eggs, flour and milk; pour over cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with half the tomato sauce or salsa; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Chili Casserole in Reminisce January/February 1992, p31
Reviews for Cheesy Chili Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review