"My six grandchildren enjoy feasting on big bowls of this zesty chili," reports Codie Ray of Tallulah, Louisiana. "It's so creamy and tasty you can even serve it as a dip at parties."
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool before freezing. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator; heat in a saucepan or microwave. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Cheesy Chili in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p34
Reviews for Cheesy Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review