Cheesy Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool before freezing. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator; heat in a saucepan or microwave. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Cheesy Chili(5)
Sort By :
This recipe has quickly become a favorite in our home. Super easy to throw together and the kids LOVE it! A go to comfort food for a chilly winter evening!
I don't consider this to be chili, but rather "soup." Made it this afternoon and it was delicious....even reducing the recipe by half made a ton for the two of us. She indicated that it froze well and that's what I've done. Really was excellent and so simple. Had everything on hand.
Oh my goodness!! This is the best chili ever. I think this woman and I could be good friends. It has a medium heat to it. Not too mild, nor too hot. The flavor is delicious. I made a frito taco soup by adding fritos to my dish. It definitely could be used as either chili or a chili dip. Either way, with 2 lbs of Velveeta in it, how bad can it be? Try it, you'll like it!
I was just looking for an easy recipe to make for my pot luck at work, and this recipe was not only easy but also a big hit with all of my co-workers. It was so good that a couple of my co-workers took some home to their families. I would definitely make this recipe again.
This sounds good.
After I downsize it for two, I will try it.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chili Recipes >
- Simple Chili Recipes >