Cheesy Chicken Wontons Recipe
When hosting an informal get-together with close friends, enlist guests to help assemble these savory snacks from out Test Kitchen. As a reward, they get to eat the fruits of their labor!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Pizza or Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, chicken, onions, tomato, herb seasoning and cayenne. Place about 2 tablespoons in the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges with egg; fold corner over, making a triangle. Seal seams.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with pizza or spaghetti sauce. Yield: about 4 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC