Cheesy Chicken Wontons Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Pizza or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, chicken, onions, tomato, herb seasoning and cayenne. Place about 2 tablespoons in the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges with egg; fold corner over, making a triangle. Seal seams.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with pizza or spaghetti sauce. Yield: about 4 dozen.
3 each: 129 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Wontons
"I have made this for many parties and everyone wants the recipe. It is always a big hit. I really don't change it much."