Cheesy Chicken Wontons
When hosting an informal get-together with close friends, enlist guests to help assemble these savory snacks from out Test Kitchen. As a reward, they get to eat the fruits of their labor!
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Pizza or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, chicken, onions, tomato, herb
- seasoning and cayenne. Place about 2 tablespoons in the center of
- each wonton wrapper. Brush edges with egg; fold corner over, making
- a triangle. Seal seams.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to
- 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on
- each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm
- with pizza or spaghetti sauce. Yield: about 4 dozen.