When hosting an informal get-together with close friends, enlist guests to help assemble these savory snacks from out Test Kitchen. As a reward, they get to eat the fruits of their labor!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Pizza or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, chicken, onions, tomato, herb seasoning and cayenne. Place about 2 tablespoons in the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges with egg; fold corner over, making a triangle. Seal seams.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with pizza or spaghetti sauce. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken Wontons in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p38
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Wontons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2009
"I have made this for many parties and everyone wants the recipe. It is always a big hit. I really don't change it much."