Cheesy Chicken Wontons Recipe
When hosting an informal get-together with close friends, enlist guests to help assemble these savory snacks from out Test Kitchen. As a reward, they get to eat the fruits of their labor!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Pizza or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, chicken, onions, tomato, herb seasoning and cayenne. Place about 2 tablespoons in the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges with egg; fold corner over, making a triangle. Seal seams.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with pizza or spaghetti sauce. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken Wontons in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p38
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Wontons(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2009
I have made this for many parties and everyone wants the recipe. It is always a big hit. I really don't change it much.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >