We're huge college football fans (go Irish!), and my chicken taco dip hasn't missed a season opener in 14 years and counting. A slow cooker lets us keep the dip warm for the whole game—if it lasts that long! —Deanna Garretson, Yucaipa, California
Recommended: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (30 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, mix salsa and beans. Top with chicken; sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken; shred finely using two forks. Return to slow cooker; stir in cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, top with green onions, tomato and cilantro. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken Taco Dip in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Taco Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review