"I'm always looking for quick-and-easy dishes," writes Waldron Upham of Chugiak, Alaska. "I cam up with this one by modifying several casserole recipes. It's simple, cooks on the stovetop and is ready in less than half an hour."
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the broccoli in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, soup, milk and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Top with the cheese and onions. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken Supper in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p51
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review